Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iDVD Modified Asset Warning

I just went to a lot of work to make each Chapter perfect, and now when I try to burn it, it says

Modified Asset Warning:

Assets used in your project were changed since you last opened this project.

Do you want iDVD to automatically update the project for you?

(Verify that chapter marker buttons work after iDVD updates the project.)

Cancel Update

If I select cancel it doesn't do anything. If I select update it makes it so that all my chapters go to the same spot. I saved this from Final Cut Express BTW. I REALLY don't want to have drop the video file in again and have to reformat all my menu buttons, what do I do? At the very least, how do I change the formating on all the buttons at the same time?

iMac, iOS 6.1.2

Posted on Feb 27, 2013 12:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 27, 2013 1:04 AM

Hi

If I select cancel it doesn't do anything. If I select update it makes it so that all my chapters go to the same spot.

YES - that's a 100% description of the iDVD BUG ! ! !

iDVD BUG

• One can not go back to movie-project for any alterations and then go back to

the iDVD project. It will notice and ask You to either Up-date or Cancel. Neither

of them will work.

Medicine A

- Start a brand new iDVD project.

Medicine B

- open iDVD project - Clear Assets !

(this medicine I'm told works - I never use it - I re-do and don't look back to imovie/FinalCut.)

Use of Chapters

• I only use a to z and 0 to 9 in naming them. NO other symbol/letter !

• NO Chapter-mark at very beginning - iDVD NEEDS TO set this by it self

• No Chapter marks in or within two seconds from a transition

(Way around this last one - Export movie as QT full quality and NO Chapter marks

Import this into a new Movie-project and now You are free to set C-Ms where You want

them except at very beginning - still)

Yours Bengt W

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 27, 2013 1:04 AM in response to Munckinpie

Hi

If I select cancel it doesn't do anything. If I select update it makes it so that all my chapters go to the same spot.

YES - that's a 100% description of the iDVD BUG ! ! !

iDVD BUG

• One can not go back to movie-project for any alterations and then go back to

the iDVD project. It will notice and ask You to either Up-date or Cancel. Neither

of them will work.

Medicine A

- Start a brand new iDVD project.

Medicine B

- open iDVD project - Clear Assets !

(this medicine I'm told works - I never use it - I re-do and don't look back to imovie/FinalCut.)

Use of Chapters

• I only use a to z and 0 to 9 in naming them. NO other symbol/letter !

• NO Chapter-mark at very beginning - iDVD NEEDS TO set this by it self

• No Chapter marks in or within two seconds from a transition

(Way around this last one - Export movie as QT full quality and NO Chapter marks

Import this into a new Movie-project and now You are free to set C-Ms where You want

them except at very beginning - still)

Yours Bengt W

Feb 27, 2013 11:50 AM in response to Munckinpie

Then you'll have apply Medicine A. Also:

Follow this workflow to help ensure the best quality final product:

Once you have the project as you want it save it as a disk image via the File âž™ Save as Disk Image menu option. This will separate the encoding process from the burn process.

To check the encoding mount the disk image and launch DVD Player and play it. If it plays OK with DVD Player the encoding was good.

Then burn to disk with Disk Utility or Toast at the slowest speed available (2x-4x) to assure the best burn quality. Always use top quality media: Verbatim, Maxell or Taiyo Yuden DVD-R are the most recommended in these forums.

Oct 4, 2016 12:09 AM in response to Old Toad

I was hoping this would be my solution. But sadly it did not work. I went to File - save as disc image and there yet again was this same horrible message about assets being changed. I have not changed any assets. Yes I could do the whole project again in iMovie and ensure my chapter markers are more than 2 seconds from a transition, but it is a heap of work which I really do not want to do. Is there any other way around this or not? Incidentally it would have been helpful if iMovie gave some warning when I placed the chapter markers in the first place. It is really annoying to only find this out when one has created the idvd and is ready to burn. Peter.

iDVD Modified Asset Warning

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.