Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPrint and Samsung printers (ML2955DW)

Hello,

I have a Samsung laser printer 2955DW. I have installed it on my wifi network and it works nicely with my MacBook: I can print !

But I cannot use iPad: the printer is not found by AirPrint.

Note that the printer is supposed to be AirPrint compatible (it is listed in the Apple's list on support webpages).

Somebody can help me ?

Thanks in advance !

iPad, iOS 6.1.2

Posted on Feb 26, 2013 11:46 PM

3 replies

Feb 27, 2013 6:16 AM in response to Francois L

Most wireless printers will automatically download and install the latest firmware from the manufacturer when you set them up and they also provide a way to update the firmware later via the control panel.

If your printer really cannot be updated except by "Samsung technicians" then you may have bought the wrong printer. I'd check the user documentation that came with the printer to see if there is a way to do this. I've heard bad things about the quality of Samsung technical support. The word, "useless", is frequently used to describe it.

If you can't get firmware or technical support about all you can do is to restart your printer and wifi router by removing power for 30 seconds. See if that helps.

AirPrint and Samsung printers (ML2955DW)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.