2 Replies Latest reply: Mar 3, 2013 3:44 PM by Meg St._Clair
avonsong Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I am in the UK and my Iphone5 will not send international messages.  I've been to my provider 02 and checked there is no international barring, I have the correct message centre number set up, reset network settings and finally swapped the sim for a new one.  Nothing worked so I decided to try my sim in my old Iphone and the international texts worked perfectly.  My next step is the Apple shop but before I did that I thought I would post it here to see if I am missing something.

Any suggestions much appreciated.  I've googled the problem but still not found any satisfactory answers.

iPhone 5, iOS 6
  • 1. Re: Iphone5 won't send international text messages
    avonsong Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

An update to my problem.  Apple people say the problem must be located in my back up.  When I restored my phone to factory settings the international texts work.  So my only problem is I won't be able to keep my text messages.  As I use these in my my business losing them completely is a major issue.  Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

• 2. Re: Iphone5 won't send international text messages
    Meg St._Clair Level 8 Level 8 (38,380 points)

You can archive the text messages to a computer using apps like TouchCopy (Mac and Windows) or PhoneView (Mac). You can then transfer the resultant text or pdf back to your phone. You will at least have access to the information. You would need to use these while the information is still on your phone. You might also look at iBackupExtractor, which, if I recall correctly will let you extract information from the back up. In your case, I'm not sure I'd recommend that.