Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dock problems

Why, suddenly, when I startup my iMac does the Dock not magnify or show the icon names when I wave the cursor over them? If I restar( at least twice) the Dock behaves normally. Can I reset/restart Dock without having to restart the computer again? I have zapped the PRAM and reset the SMC and repaired permissions and nothing seems to work except restarts.

iMac 320, 4 GB memory, ML

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Feb 27, 2013 4:19 AM

9 replies

Feb 27, 2013 8:08 AM in response to Barry Hemphill

Hey Barry,

Guess what? After I reststarted gthe dock worked fine but I had no Mail (iCloud). When the computer restarted and I went to Mail the offline symbol was in the inbox and I could not get it to respond. It worled foine if I got on the iClound site and checkied my mail (where I found your response) but could not make the mail app work at all. I restarted again to no avail. I also noticed that when I restarted and tried to use something I had to click on the item twuce to get to the window I wanted. Do you think I need to clean install ML or would that do any good?

When I dumped the iCloud account and reinstalled it I got the same symbol in the inbox of Mail. What is going on? Every time I restasrt this computer something else pops up that either doesn't work or works differently than it did before.

Forgot to tell you I don't shut this thing off very often but when I do and restart it it should not be aproblem as I see it.

C

Feb 27, 2013 8:31 AM in response to Barry Hemphill

Hey Barry,

sometimes in the past month or two I wish I had not updated to ML and stayed with Lion. TYhe new stuff in ML: is nice though so I'll probably keep with it for now. Appreciate your help. I now live in New Mexico but used to lkive in upper Minnesota not far from Wisconsin. Glad I am here in the "warm" part of the country right now though. Cheers and thanks again.

C

Dock problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.