Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery stuck in wireless keyboard

While replacing the 3 batteries in my wireless keyboard, the first new battery I inserted has become stuck halfway down the tube. Is the plastic section towards the far end of the battery tube removable, so that I can push it back out?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Feb 27, 2013 7:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 27, 2013 8:15 AM

Hello:

In answer to your question, I do not know. I have a two battery KB, so I cannot look at mine and tell anything.

How a battery became stuck is a puzzle...that should never happen. Anyway, I would carefully and gently try to dislodge it with some sort of instrument. I say carefully, since you do not want to cause damage.

Barry

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 27, 2013 8:15 AM in response to Kingsdene Bob

Hello:

In answer to your question, I do not know. I have a two battery KB, so I cannot look at mine and tell anything.

How a battery became stuck is a puzzle...that should never happen. Anyway, I would carefully and gently try to dislodge it with some sort of instrument. I say carefully, since you do not want to cause damage.

Barry

Feb 18, 2015 1:49 AM in response to Kingsdene Bob

Hi guys! Me too I had the same problem!

One battery got stuck and I went to Apple Store but my keyboard was not covered but still helped me take out the stuck battery and told me that there was some white white powdery stuff inside which means a battery leaked before which is weird because I never had problem but anyway once home, i used a chopstick and wrapped with sandpaper (without using baking soda or anything liquid) and I just removed the white stuff in 5 min and after that the keyboard worked again! It made me save 70 euros!

I hope this would help people!

Cheers,

ninjaleks

Battery stuck in wireless keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.