Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto Videos Gone

No idea what happened but all of my videos in my iPhoto have zero time. Use to be able to watch/use them but now they don't play. Not very computer savvy so thinking it might be an update recently? Please help.

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Feb 27, 2013 9:25 AM

11 replies

Feb 27, 2013 11:12 AM in response to Old Toad

I am using iPhoto V9.4.2. I tried doing what the file, reveal in finder, original thing. It brings a little window with the selected video but still has zero minutes and so it will not play. I tred shutting down and back up, still all videos have zero minutes.

No I have not exported any videos. All are still directly imported from my camera into iPhoto.

The only thing I have done lately is install a new printer, it had photo print on the menu but I never used it.

Feb 27, 2013 12:02 PM in response to Old Toad

All of my videos are .mpg videos. The really old ones are .wmv (those won't play).

I had a .mpg video that I dragged out of iPhoto a while back on have it on my desktop. That one plays just fine. Only the videos (hundreds) that are in iPhoto are zero minutes now. They use to be fine but I can not say when as I don't watch them all the time. It is like iPhoto has stripped them of their minutes.

I tried dragging one out of iPhoto to my desktop but it still had zero minutes.

iPhoto Videos Gone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.