Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Annoying Safari behavior when I click show password in preferences and no favicon support

An hour ago I decided to switch to Safari 6.0.2 on Mac OSX 10.7.5 from Google Chrome and here I am with two issues.

Issue 1:

Visiting preferences I eventually went to Password Tab as shown in screenshot below. As I checked show password option all of a sudden this pop up asking for permission :"safari wants to use your confidential information stored in your keychain."

As I have about 100 websites passwords stored in my keychain, this pop up keeps coming one by one asking for permission for each and every site. And until I select any of 3 options I can not do any activity. I do not want to click around 100 times on Always Allow or any of other 2 options. This behavior is completely nuisance to me. Any suggestion on how to get rid of this? Is this a bug in Safari? Should I report it to Apple?User uploaded file

Issue 2:

I figured out that Safari does not support favicons too, which is, in my opinion very efficient way to manage bookmark on Bookmark bar as bookmarks are easily searchable. I visited few questions regarding Favicons and all says NO support for Safari but since they are quite a few months older now I am including it here, with hope, if any solution is known to anyone.

Any suggestion or assistance will be helpful for any of the issue.

Due to these two issues I am forced to switch back to chrome within an hour. :-(

I have also posted my question on StackOveflow website superuser.

One small suggestion: UI and formatting on this discussion.apple.com seems very old and painful now. Stackoverflow offers excellent in this area. Kindly try to renovate this site with rich and easy features.

Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Feb 27, 2013 12:15 PM

1 reply

Annoying Safari behavior when I click show password in preferences and no favicon support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.