Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does my Airport Extreme Base Station not recognize my iProDrive powered external hard drive?

My 500GB iprodrive is recognized when connected directly to any of my computers just fine. My AEBS recognizes flash drives just fine. But the two together don't work. I have tried reformatting to exfat, msdos(fat), extended, extended journaled, none work. Its a powered drive so I'm assuming thats not the problem. Help?

Airport Extreme Base Station-OTHER

Posted on Feb 27, 2013 12:16 PM

2 replies

Feb 27, 2013 6:34 PM in response to samuel sin

Its a powered drive so I'm assuming thats not the problem.

I have to use a powered USB hub with a 1 TB LaCie hard drive when I connect it to the AirPort Extreme, otherwise the drive is not recognized.

However, I can connect the same hard drive directly to my MacBook Pro and it works just fine without the powered USB hub.

Try formatting the drive in Mac OS Extended (Journaled), also known as HFS+, and try using a powered USB hub when you connect the drive to the AEBS.

If that still won't work, then you have to assume that the drive is just not compatible with the USB port on the AEBS.

Why does my Airport Extreme Base Station not recognize my iProDrive powered external hard drive?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.