Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help! No charge in battery for MacBook late 2008 and 5 led flash!

Hey, I have a problem with my MB2008.

I left it with the battery charged and in sleep mode for like 5 days, when i wanted to use it again, the battery was completely down and i had to plug it in.

As it started i noted the drive charging and the led indicator made 5 flashing signs, after that i also noticed that the indicator for the battery was not charging and in the options says "Replace now" and a warning sign.

The battery has 650 cycles.

I tried taking out the RAM, cleaning it and putting it back in, it didn't work.

Any suggestions?

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Feb 27, 2013 1:08 PM

4 replies

Feb 27, 2013 5:47 PM in response to KikeAguilar

If you want to replace your battery you can get one fairly cheap on eBay http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=aluminum+macbook++battery+A1280&_sacat=0&_od

kw=aluminum+macbook++battery+A1278&_sop=12&_osacat=0

Or for $129 from Apple http://store.apple.com/us/product/MB771LL/A/rechargeable-battery-13-inch-macbook -aluminum

MacBook (13-inch, Aluminum, Late 2008)

Removing the battery:

1. Shut down the computer. Disconnect any cords connected to the computer.
  2. Turn the computer over.
  3. Locate the access door latch.
  4. Push down to release the latch, this sets it in the open position, and remove the access door that covers the battery.
  5. With the latch still in its open position, gently pull up on the battery tab to remove the battery.

Note: The latch must be in its released, open position to remove or replace the battery and access door.

Installing the battery:

1. To replace the battery, make sure the latch is in its open position.
  2. Hold the battery at an angle and slide the lipped edge of the battery below the brackets on the outside edge of the battery bay. Gently press the battery down.

To replace the access door:

1. Line the access door up with the bottom case and the tabs in the battery bay.
  2. Lower the access door into place.
  3. Make sure it is level with the bottom case of your MacBook.
    Press the latch into place, so it is in the closed position.

Feb 28, 2013 6:17 AM in response to KikeAguilar

The battery for a 2008 aluminum MacBook is rated for 500 cycles. They are still readily available on the Apple Store and vasious places online. You could try and calibrate the battery to see if that helps you but that only applies if you can get it to charge. My battery also was just at the end of its life and needed to be replaced. It was at 597 cycles. It still works but the battery life I get with it is extremely short. I meant to add that the 5 led flash is to tell you to get a new battery.

Message was edited by: Disgorge

Help! No charge in battery for MacBook late 2008 and 5 led flash!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.