Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Time Capsule keeps giving message: "problem connecting to the server - server may not exist or unavailable. Check server name or IP address. Check network connection & try again" - anyone??

Getting message: "There was a problem connecting to the server Time Machine. The server may not exist or it is unavailable at this time. Check the server name or IP Address, check your network connection, and then try again".

Help?? If I reset the Time Capsule will I lose saved data?

Where do I find out which IP address my Time Capsule is using? (have 3 email accts)

thanks!!

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Feb 27, 2013 1:57 PM

1 reply

Feb 27, 2013 2:07 PM in response to 7xrainbow

Help?? If I reset the Time Capsule will I lose saved data?

Where do I find out which IP address my Time Capsule is using? (have 3 email accts)

Reset will not affect any data on the hard disk.

Your TC IP address is 10.0.1.1 unless you changed it. Or it is bridged.

It is easy to tell.. open airport utility and it will show the IP address of the TC.

The solution to the problem is usually a simple restart. Turn off all the devices on the network.

Restart in order.. modem.

TC

Client devices.. with a 2 min gap between modem and TC. .and then TC and clients.

If you have internet connection.. then you should have connection to the TC. Just Mountain Lion is too stupid to remember where the disk is. Lion same issue to lesser extent.

Are you still on Lion as per your profile?

Did you recently upgrade TC to 7.6.3 firmware.. if so.. do a full factory reset of the TC and start over. no data is lost from hard disk by doing the reset.

Time Capsule keeps giving message: "problem connecting to the server - server may not exist or unavailable. Check server name or IP address. Check network connection & try again" - anyone??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.