Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to disable context menus hiding when accidentally clicking non-text?

I have Googled and searched the Apple support board for this everywhere, and cannot find this addressed specifically. What I would like to do is disable how the context menu (for toolbars, right click, whatever) automatically disappears if you accidentally click one of the dividers or any white space in the menu, instead of one of the actual text options. I keep doing this numerous times throughout the day on accident and it is driving me mad haha.

To get an idea, right click anything in Firefox for example (except for the top menu bar) - and in the context menu that pops up move your cursor so it's not highlighting anything and click (like the menu's grey divider bar). The menu will stay popped up even if you click, just like they do in Windows. In every other Mac menu, it instantly just closes that menu. Firefox is the only app for Mac I have seen do this, but I'm sure there are others.

Seems like kind of a minor thing (which is probably why I can't find anything lol), but I move between apps and menus all day long and use a touchpad so I'm bound to accidentally click just below an option all the time... Then I have to move cursor back to toolbar, highlight menu option again, and find where any sub-options were - sometimes can be in numerous sub-menus! Any help is greatly appreciated!! Thanks

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), iMac OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.2

Posted on Feb 27, 2013 1:47 PM

There are no replies.

How to disable context menus hiding when accidentally clicking non-text?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.