Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My MacBook Pro is restarting randomly and runs slow. What can I do?

Good evening, I have this MacBook Pro (15-inch, Mid 2010), it has modifications because I bought it online on Apple.com, it has a 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 and 8GB 1067 MHz DDR3, and it's running on - MAC OS X MOUNTAIN LION 10.8.2 - so... Since 1 month thru here, it began to run very, very slow without any reason, and last week it began to restart randomly when I'm using it, last days restarts were more frecuent, also I discovered that when I open Quicktime, it restarts inmediatelly, but it restarts anyway if I don't open it, the only difference is that it's not inmediatelly. Today it has restarted like 5 times, twice in morning and 3 times in secuence in last 30 mins. so I'm very worried about this, I found on this Apple Support Community something about the Spotlight bla bla... I did it and it still with the problem, I called Apple and they said that if I pay 50$ they can assist me but they can't say if the problem will be solved. So please, I ask to you people of this community to help me in this, I'm studying right now and I need, NEED this computer to work, also I have all my works here! I'm gonna backup them, but I need this to work. Thanks for the help and time. Sorry for this bad grammar, not english speaker.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), Modifications by Apple: RAM & STUFF

Posted on Feb 27, 2013 4:46 PM

2 replies

Feb 27, 2013 8:55 PM in response to Nruizc

If you have more than one user account, you must be logged in as an administrator to carry out these instructions.

Launch the Console application in any of the following ways:

☞ Enter the first few letters of its name into a Spotlight search. Select it in the results (it should be at the top.)

☞ In the Finder, select Go Utilities from the menu bar, or press the key combination shift-command-U. The application is in the folder that opens.

☞ Open LaunchPad. Click Utilities, then Console in the icon grid.

Select the most recent panic log under the heading System Diagnostic Reports on the left. If you don't see that heading, select

View ▹ Show Log List

from the menu bar. Post the entire contents of the panic report — the text, please, not a screenshot. In the interest of privacy, I suggest you edit out the “Anonymous UUID,” a long string of letters, numbers, and dashes in the header and body of the report, if it’s present (it may not be.) Please don't post shutdownStall, spin, or hang reports.

My MacBook Pro is restarting randomly and runs slow. What can I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.