Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Subtitles stick in Apple TV 1?

Anyone got a fix for this (apart from buying the new Apple TV). If I'm watching a movie with subtitles (or captions - as Argo uses to tell you what location you're in) then the subtitle sticks on the screen and is not replaced till a new subtitle is displayed, whereupon that one sticks etc. They can be removed by stopping the movie using the menu button and then resuming from where I left off but this is of course useless for enjoying a movie. It sometimes fixes it if (as with Argo) I turn the subtitle setting to 'English' from 'None' but this shouldn't work, since if that setting works normally I would see English subtitles to whatever is being said. In the settings my subtitle language is 'off' and my closed captioning is 'off'. Apple have refunded one movie that stuck (Argo) but since then I have watched 'From rome with love' and the same thing happened and I was thinking it might be a problem with the age of the Apple TV. I have also rebooted it and updated it etc. No fix there. Thanks in advance.

Posted on Feb 27, 2013 5:29 PM

7 replies

Subtitles stick in Apple TV 1?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.