Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad with unauthorized modifications

Ihave installed software to perform unauthorized modifications to your iOS device, this means i jailbeak it. apple says that: First, uninstall the unauthorized modification software. Then follow the steps to edit the Hosts file and allow iTunes to communicate with the update server in the Blocked by configuration (Mac OS X / Windows) > Rebuild network information > The hosts file may also be blocking the iTunes Store section of iTunes: Advanced iTunes Store troubleshooting.

so how do i first uninstall the unauthorized modification software from my ipad?

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi, iOS 6.1.2

Posted on Feb 28, 2013 1:57 AM

2 replies

Feb 28, 2013 5:37 AM in response to JohnnyLebanon

Your post indicates you have used Cydia, which is a software application for iOS that enables a user to find and install software packages on jailbroken iOS Apple devices. Since your iPad has been jailbroken, we can't help you in this forum. Best bet is to Google for answers.

You may have "bricked" your iPad and now have an $$$ paper weight. Plus your Apple warranty has been voided and the Apple Genius Bar/Support will not help you.

 Cheers, Tom 😉

ipad with unauthorized modifications

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.