Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restore from backup error

I wanted to update my iPod Touch 4th gen from 6.0.1 to 6.1.2 using the button on iTunes ("Restore iPod...") which restores and updates the device. I made sure to backup and sync my iPod before I hit the button. The restore and update worked fine, but when I tried to restore from the backup I made previously, it started to work for about 10 minutes and then gave me this (http://i.imgur.com/9tfEIHw.png) error. I have tried fully restoring and reverting to the backup about three or four times, and have gotten this error everytime. I have tried to just sync the data back onto the device, but all of my apps' data and my settings are not there. I have tried plugging my iPod USB cord directly to the back of the computer, unplugged all other USB cords from the back besides the keyboard & mouse. I have tried rebooting both my iPod and the computer. I get this error every time. This has never happened to me before on previous versions of iOS.

I'm running iTunes 11.0.2 on my iMac running OS X 10.8.2.

iPod touch (4th generation), iOS 6.1.2

Posted on Feb 28, 2013 3:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2013 3:10 AM

Do you have an iCloud backup you can restore from?

You an try restoring form backup on another computer.

You need all the apps on the othr computer

.Downloading past purchases from the App Store, iBookstore, and iTunes Store

Then copy the backup to the other computer. The locaton is identified here:

iTunes: About iOS backups

If successful, then do the necessary steps of the folow to make yur computer the syncing computer

Syncing to a "New" Computer or replacing a "crashed" Hard Drive: Apple Support Communities

However, the backup may be corrupt.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 28, 2013 3:10 AM in response to ToastyDelights

Do you have an iCloud backup you can restore from?

You an try restoring form backup on another computer.

You need all the apps on the othr computer

.Downloading past purchases from the App Store, iBookstore, and iTunes Store

If successful, then do the necessary steps of the folow to make yur computer the syncing computer

Syncing to a "New" Computer or replacing a "crashed" Hard Drive: Apple Support Communities

However, the backup may be corrupt.

Feb 28, 2013 3:19 AM in response to ToastyDelights

Yes. as I said in my first reply:

The backup does not included synced media like apps and music. You can redownload iTunespurchases by:

Downloading past purchases from the App Store, iBookstore, and iTunes Store

You can also copy your iTunes library to an external drive by:

iTunes: Back up your iTunes library by copying to an external hard drive

Restore from backup error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.