Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Contact Sync between Gmail and iCloud

This is starting to get annoying....

When I create a new contact on my Macbook (in contacts app) or on my iPhone, they sync to the iCloud......

But if im not on any of my own personal devices ( a friends/school/work computer) and i use gmail.com my contacts arent there!

I always need to login on iCloud.com and get the contact that I want/need.

HOW can I have all my contacts sync correctly across my MacBook, iPhone and Gmail account?

I want to be able to create an contact on my phone and see it in my Gmail address book no matter where I log in!

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Feb 28, 2013 3:58 AM

3 replies

Oct 10, 2013 2:46 PM in response to App Producks

Listen.... I GOT IT...

well, it's a little bit weird but it's secured, simple and accurate 100%....

Check-Out the following...

1- Switch On the Sync between your iPhone and iCloud. by the following,

Settings > iCloud > Switch Contacts to be ON......"be careful to check your iCloud Website first www.icloud.com to not duplicate or to remove a contacts were still there and didn't used it before. to make it easy, just delete all your contacts on iCloud website and then Sync your contacts from your iPhone to iCloud as it's fresh one by switching on your iCloud from your iPhone again.

2- After you finish Syncing between iCloud and iPhone, log in to iCloud website and enter your username and password, check the Contacts Number down below by scrolling down the menu from the right column of words (A, B, C....#) and check the numbers and compare it with your phone, it should be the same.

3- there is Settings Button on a left bottom of the screen of your (Laptop, Desktop - Whatever 🙂) - Press it, and choose "Select All" > "Export" > Then it should save the *.vcf file to a specified folder in your machine "if you are using Google Chrome commonly you will find it in "Downloads Folder".

4- Log in to your Google Mail account and then go to contacts, then choose Import from a file, then search for the exported file on your machine and choose it, then the files automatically will be add inside the contacts folder.

Note: I understand that it's a little bit long way to do it but i'm sure that you will avoid duplication due to USB cable error or Software drop down either it's KIES if you are using SAMSUNG - GALAXY S3, S4....etc.

by this way, you will find your contacts are upto date always from iPhone to > iCloud to > Google Contacts.

Hope this helps 🙂

Apr 10, 2014 9:39 PM in response to srayan

Thank u , that solves one of the problem. However, i have few contacts on gmail and few on icloud. If i follow this i may tend to loose few on the icloud.

However, when i add a new contact, it is always tagged only to iCloud but not to gmail. Anyway i can achieve this. The other problem is if i use both the groups my watsapp will show the duplicates. :-( pls suggest

Thanks in advance ...!!!

Contact Sync between Gmail and iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.