Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Copy and Paste Stops working across the Mac OS X

Recently I have been using my machine to connect to Windows XP machines using the RDC program (Mac equivilant of mstsc.exe) that Mircosoft provides.

Whilst swtiching between applications on the host OS (Mac OS X 10.8) I found that my copy and paste functionaility across the whole OS appeared to stop working. A restart of the whole OS seem to resolve the problem, but when I dug a little deeper I found that it appears that once I terminated the RDC program the copy and paste functionailty came back. This also include any extented copy and paste functions within the Mac OS X eg, screenshots (cmd+ctrl+shift+3) and partial screenshots (cmd+ctrl+shift+4 very cool use it all the time).

I just thought I'd add this issue to the Support forums in case other came across this problem, just one of those gotachas worth noting.

Cheers

Steve

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)

Posted on Feb 28, 2013 6:22 AM

1 reply

Copy and Paste Stops working across the Mac OS X

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.