OS X 10.8.2
I work at two locations mainly, office and at home during any given week. At both places I VPN in using Network Connect. Let's say I am at home using the VPN on Monday and use it all day. I will then close the computer lid, putting the machine to sleep. Before putting it to sleep I can either sign out of the VPN (Network Connect) or not, either way my issue of no Internet will happen when I get to work the next day. On Tuesday I take my laptop into work, oepn it up an grabs an IP via DHCP, but I have no Internet at all. My machine will have an IP via Wi-FI, but no Internet. My assumption is that my Wi-Fi connection is holding onto something in my routing table from when I was using Network Connect. As of right now my only way of fixing this is to reboot the machine, which if I have items I was working on from the day before, I'd prefer not to.
Couple Things worth Noting:
- If I re-open my laptop on Monday while at home later that night, Internet will work just fine with/without the VPN.
- The scenario will happen when I go from work to home as well, it's just not home to work.
- I am not the only one with this issue
- I should point out that if I connect an Ethernet cable to my machine, I will have Internet without having to reboot. (we do not have Ethernet to our desks, so this is not a viable solution)
What I've tried so far:
- Renew/release does nothing (I already have an IP, but figured it was worth a shot)
- Turning Wi-Fi On/Off (Left machine off for 60 sec)
- Disconnecting from the Network and then reconnecting
- Changed my DNS
- Statically assigning an IP
What fix I'm looking for:
- Fix this issue 100%
- Set of steps to resolve the issue without having to reboot