Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Show Clip References?

I'm sure this is obvious and I'm just blind. In FCPX, if I have a Compound Clip, how do I find out where it's referenced? In other words, what projects or other compound clips make use of this compound clip?

Thanks.

Dan

iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Feb 28, 2013 8:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2013 8:30 AM

Darn good question, and sometimes it even seems to reference something when it's not in use anywhere.

4 replies

Feb 28, 2013 9:55 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

Tom Wolsky wrote:

Darn good question, and sometimes it even seems to reference something when it's not in use anywhere.

Oh, dang. Tom, if you don't know how, I'm in trouble. 😉

And it sounds like you know what my problem is, too. I want to delete a compound clip, but it says it's in use, even thought it isn't. I've restarted FCPX multiple times, and that didn't help. It's not referenced in a rejected clip, either.

Oh well, time to use the programmer's tried and true method: Name it "zz" something so it sorts to the bottom of the list (obviously if I'm sorting by name), and/or filter it out using whichever technique works for the type of view.

Thanks for at least showing me I wasn't missing something.

Dan

Show Clip References?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.