4 Replies Latest reply: Mar 1, 2013 10:16 AM by Michel Vézina
Michel Vézina Level 4 (1,145 points)

in iPhoto 7, when exporting to a Quicktime file, is there a way to turn off the disolve  transition (on one photo to the next).. cuz I am trying to set the time to be   0:05 sec ( yes, less than a sec) and the disolve between photos, does not allow the quick rapidity duration I require! it export to about 3/4 of a sec per photo... it's too slow.... gotta have it rapid showing!

I have inputed the photos into iMovie HD 6, and had it worked out to 0:00:05 (5 frames per photo) , but it will NOT export or share at all... for some weird reasons....  as if Imovied HD is not supported anymore with OSX 10.8.2

• Michel Vézina Level 4 (1,145 points)

I am self anwering myself I guess!... talk about finding answer by myself!

well iMovie HD 6 could not export under osX 10.8.2....

I copied the im6 Project to a laptop with osX 10.6.8... and it exported like a charm!... 45 photos for a total of 9 sec Quicktime file with .05 sec per photo !

Gawd... with all those updates..it's hard to keep up with this stuff!

• Klaus1 Level 8 (47,595 points)

Yes, you have now created three different threads on the same subject, awarding yourself points in all of them.

As you must know, those points to not accrue to you.

• Old Toad Level 10 (133,300 points)

What do you mean by export.  I have iMovie 6 HD and am able to export to Full Quality (.dv) with Mt. Lion using the File ➙ Export menu.  And it's very fast like iPhoto 7 is.

• Michel Vézina Level 4 (1,145 points)

Klaus 1,

I understand about the points.. I surely do not worry about that... more than I had to find a solution to my problem ASAP, as my slide show is due tomorrow afternoon.  I was trying to get help from all side I could gather it from!

well I used 2 method. I had about 60 photos that I wanted to show in a  very fast succession. like 5 frames per photos, for a show of about 8sec. Obviously iphoto, could not export  at 5fps, as by defaul the disolve between photos, creates a 1sec per photo... hence60 phots takes about 45sec to show.   So I used imovie 6 HD.  When I tried to "export" or share with osx 10.8.2, NOTHING would happen. Not even getting a subsequent dialog window.  Then I copied my entire imovie6HD, project onto a machine that runs OSX 10.6.8...and imovie was able to export.... Don't ask me why... i simply dunno!

then for the remainder of the slide Show, of the 644photos, I had, I put it all in iphoto 7, and exported from then putting a .5 sec per slide, and with te disolve, I got a 25 minutes show.   

Betwen the imovie6Hd export, and the ip7 export, I had to keep the same 640x480 ratio, as I merged theses 2 files together with Quicktime 7 PRO.  I did not want to use DV.

Et voila,... I am almost out of the woods now... I simply have to add the music, in sequence with the help of garage band, and will export a 25 minutes mp3, and will merge it to the QT 25 minute slide show file.... and I will be DUNNNNNE!

Thank you all