Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie was not able to import some clips

Hello,

I have a Canon HF R21 and am trying to import video clips from it into iMovie.

About 1/3 of the clips I try to import won't complete successfully - they'll show "error" below their thumbnails in the camera import window (conveniently after taking 30-60 minutes to import). iMovie then prompts me to do an "Archive All" (often inconvenient if most of the clips have imported successfully); I can then try to import from that archive, but of the problem clips maybe half import successfully the second time around.

I've also tried to import the video from my camera to my friend's computer, but same deal - about a third of the clips don't import (though it's not always the same third).

All in all, this makes importing video an extremely annoying and time-consuming process. I've seen people post similar issues but no solutions.

I saw an article at http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4485 which sounds promising, but I can't import video like that from my camera (It's in AVCHD format, and it gives me an error saying it can't find any video clips when I select the appropriate folder).

Any ideas?

All the best,

Toby

GarageBand '09, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Feb 28, 2013 12:14 PM

There are no replies.

iMovie was not able to import some clips

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.