Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using the same apple ID for syncing, my devices are confused...

I have my daughter's, and my wife's iphones and ipads, signed into the same icloud account, so that we can all share our calendars, and contacts. However the problem is when I send a SMS or MMS to someone, it thinks that it is coming from my daughter's iphone. I've checked the settings, and the "my info" is clearly my contact info. Even Siri is confused when I ask her a questions, she answers back thinking I'm my daughter, and uses her name.

Where is getting confused?

Thanks for any insights, as this has been driving me crazy.

Greenerimpact

iPhone 4, iOS 5

Posted on Feb 28, 2013 4:59 PM

3 replies

Feb 28, 2013 5:03 PM in response to GreenerImpact

That's being caused by sharing the same Apple ID for iMessage. To fix this you have two choices:

1. Configure each person's device(s) so they are using a different Apple ID for iMessage by going to Settings>Messages>Send & Receive, tap the ID, sign out, then sign back in with a different ID. Note: you can still share the same ID for purchasing in Settings>iTunes & App Stores; or
  2. On all your devices go to Settings>Messages>Send & Receive and uncheck the email address(es) shown under "You can be reached by iMessage at". Also uncheck anyone else's phone number, if present.

Using the same apple ID for syncing, my devices are confused...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.