Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

driver for HP DesignJet 800ps and OSX 10.8?

We have just purchased an iMac with OSX 10.8.2 and have since found that HP do not have a driver for the HP DesignJet 800ps(24in) plotter.

Further, the available generic driver within the OS does not support A1 or A2 paper size. This sort of defeats the purpose of a large format plotter . . . .

We have tried to install HPs OS10.7 driver as well as copying the driver from an older machine to the systems library on the 10.8 machine but each with no success.

Does anyone have any similar experiences, solutions or suggestions.

Thanks

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Feb 28, 2013 5:09 PM

9 replies

Feb 28, 2013 5:30 PM in response to DaveMelocco

The Generic PS driver included with OS X does only support LTR, LGL and A4. No A3 and certainly no A2 or A1.

So what you could do from the 10.7 Mac is get the PPD for the DesignJet 800ps. This would be located in Library > Printers > PPDs > Contents > Resources. Or it could be located inside an additional folder under Resources called en.lproj. If you copied this PPD to the same location on the 10.8 Mac (the Resources folder) then you can add the printer again selecting this PPD.

Feb 28, 2013 7:01 PM in response to DaveMelocco

I was afraid of that. The PPD is most likely referencing filters and plugins that are not present on the Mac, because you cannot run the 800PS installer.

According to this Apple KB article about 10.8 drivers available from Apple, there are a number of 24" DesignJet models. If you download this HP Driver v2.13 package you will add all of these models to your Mac and can then manually select one when creating the print queue.

Sep 9, 2013 4:31 PM in response to PAHU

Thanks for suggesting that, PAHU.

We just upgraded my old G5 to a new Intel and so, of course, I found myself hunting for a solution to the lack of DJ800 support.

My 42" DJ800 not only happily accepted the 42" 500 driver, but the driver even recognized and presented for use all of the custom sheet sizes that came from the old computer when I transferred my account info to the new one!

Hoo-HAH!

(Now, if only you could fix the "no-scroll-bar-arrows" thing...! <gr>)

driver for HP DesignJet 800ps and OSX 10.8?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.