Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am trying to import outlook .olm file to Mac Mail, it is not working

I am trying to switch my mail to Mac Mail I have 8 GB of data from Mac Outlook. It saves as .olm file I am trying to make this work???

Posted on Feb 28, 2013 6:59 PM

4 replies

Apr 4, 2013 9:13 PM in response to MrHoffman

Mr Hoffman, could you please explain in more detail. I have the same problem. I exported all my messages to a .olm file, then deleted all from the cloud to discover that I lost almost all in my Outlook for Mac aplicaiton. now that I'm trying to import back Outlook is mot reading the file. I will appreciate your help, thanks

Apr 5, 2013 9:22 AM in response to balero

Use the clients and temporary folders (mailboxes) on the mail server as a form of a conversion utility.

Launch whatever mail client can read whatever client-specific archive format containing the source mail messages, access the archives from that mail client, select and then move the messages from the archive to temporary folder(s) you've created on your mail server.

These "temporary" folders are used to avoid getting your archived mail mixed in with your current mail; you probably don't want to dump a hundred old messages into your current inbox, for instance.

Launch the target mail client, select the tempoary folder on the mail server, select-all the messages in the folder, and transfer (drag) the messages back from the server.

Using select ranges or seelct-all to select ranges of messages, you can transfer buckets of mail messages in bulk with a drag operation between folders.

Your transfers will be limited by the storage quota on your mail server, so use whichever mail server you have with the largest quotas as your "conversion" mail server.

I am trying to import outlook .olm file to Mac Mail, it is not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.