Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using BT Home Hub 3.0 to extend Airport Wireless Network

I have a wireless network set up using Time Capsule connected to an adsl modem (used as a network server — two macs connected with Ethernet) and a second Time Capsule connected to the wireless network used for back up.

I have a spare BT Home Hub v3 supplied when I signed up with them.

Anyone know if I can set the Home Hub as a wireless extender / bridge for the existing network to extend it physically further?

(perhaps I should ask BT, but I thought I'd try here first)

Thanks in advance

Posted on Mar 1, 2013 1:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 1, 2013 7:00 AM

Anyone know if I can set the Home Hub as a wireless extender / bridge for the existing network to extend it physically further?

Yes, if you establish a wired Ethernet connection from the Home Hub back to the "main" Time Capsule and configure the Home Hub to provide a wireless network using the same wireless network name, same wireless security and password as the Time Capsule network. The Home Hub would need to be configured in Bridge Mode or as a wireless access point.

No, if you are asking if the Home Hub can "extend" the wireless signal from the Time Capsule using wireless only.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 1, 2013 7:00 AM in response to damnfool

Yes, if you establish a wired Ethernet connection from the Home Hub back to the "main" Time Capsule and configure the Home Hub to provide a wireless network using the same wireless network name, same wireless security and password as the Time Capsule network. The Home Hub would need to be configured in Bridge Mode or as a wireless access point.

No, if you are asking if the Home Hub can "extend" the wireless signal from the Time Capsule using wireless only.

Using BT Home Hub 3.0 to extend Airport Wireless Network

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.