Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I mass delete voice memos from 4S

I have an iPhone 4S. When I create a voice memos and play them through iTunes and then later delete them. However, deleting voice memos through iTunes and then syncing the phone does not delete the voice memos from the iPhone. I have to go back to my iPhone and delete the voice memos one by one since there's no way I see to mass delete or bulk delete all voice memos at one time from my iPhone.

Does anyone have a solution for how to delete all voice memos at once from the iPhone, or better yet, a way to delete the voice memos from iTunes and have that delete the voice memos from the iPhone after you sync it once again.

Thanks

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.1.2, voice memos syncing bug

Posted on Mar 1, 2013 6:51 AM

6 replies

Sep 7, 2013 10:21 PM in response to Sheldon10820

My solution. It's a lot easier than you think. Connect your phone. Open iTunes and click on the tab that says "on this iPhone." You will see, on the left hand side, a list of what's on your phone, including one that says "Voice Memos." Select "Voice Memos." This will show all the voice memos on your phone. Press the Command and the "A" key simultaneously to select all the voice memos at once. Drag all the memos to the trash icon in your dock and sync your iPhone. Then it just takes a few moments for the memos to vanish from your iPhone! Hope this helps.

Oct 27, 2013 10:23 PM in response to Dimitrifrom02

Hi! When you open iTunes on your computer, the first screen shows a button that says iPhone(with an "eject" symbol next to it) in the right hand corner. When you click on it, it takes you to another screen which shows the details of your iPhone. Capacity etc. Now, near the top of this screen, you will see the following across the top: Summary, Apps, Tones, Music, Movies, TV Shows, Photos, and On This Phone. Click "On This Phone and follow the original instructions I posted. Hopefully this helps you!

Jul 17, 2015 8:25 AM in response to boywythavoyce

Thank you boywythavoyce for posting your solution! I'm not sure if people have had success with the advice above, but in case you haven't here's my input:

At first, I could not make the advice above work. I would get to the screen where I would select all the Voice Memos, but it would not let me delete them. The "delete" option was greyed-out. So here's what I learned: I had to go up to the "Summary" tab under the iPhone's "Settings" section. At the bottom of that section is a box that says "Manually manage music and videos". Click that box, then go back to the Voice Memos, Select All, Delete, and then re-Sync. All good. Hope this helps anyone who still couldn't figure it out! Thanks again, boywythavoyce!

how do I mass delete voice memos from 4S

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.