Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

picture not showing up (although somehow present)

Hello!

Iphoto is behaving very strange on older fotos that were imported way long time ago:

- Events aren't sorted by date: There's a first block of events with newer pictures which get sorted correctly, then things get messy: 2006 follows 2012, back to 2010 etc.

- Even worse, many pictures aren't displayed in detail view, there's a big grey/black alert-sign. When I double-click it, the image shows up (still in detail view) for a fraction of a second before the overview of the event (the preview-images of the event) is being displayed. But if I "edit in external Editor", the picture is being sent to the editor (thus, the picture is here...

I'd be glad for advices, thanks very much!

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion, 160 SSD

Posted on Mar 1, 2013 8:11 AM

1 reply

Mar 1, 2013 8:14 AM in response to david braun

What version of iPhoto?

Events aren't sorted by date: There's a first block of events with newer pictures which get sorted correctly, then things get messy: 2006 follows 2012, back to 2010 etc.

If iPhoto '11 - view menu ==> sort events

- Even worse, many pictures aren't displayed in detail view, there's a big grey/black alert-sign. When I double-click it, the image shows up (still in detail view) for a fraction of a second before the overview of the event (the preview-images of the event) is being displayed. But if I "edit in external Editor", the picture is being sent to the editor (thus, the picture is here...

This indicates a missing file or database corruption - if it is corruption then Back up your iPhoto library, Depress and hold the option (alt) and command keys and launch iPhoto - rebuild your iPhoto library database

LN

picture not showing up (although somehow present)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.