Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto slideshow rotation malfunction?

I'd be happy to restart iPhoto in order for it to properly display rotated photos in a slideshow, but this solution does not work for me. What am I missing? Any other suggestions?

iPhoto '11, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Mar 1, 2013 12:52 PM

5 replies

Mar 1, 2013 12:58 PM in response to justin___

- quit iPhoto

- click finder in the dock, so the word finder appears beside the apple. Also note in the top menu, is the word "Go", click the go menu and then hold down your option key on your keyboard. This will make a "library" appear under your home in the Go drop down. Select the library, then go to your preferences folder.

There, look for the following files, and drag them out to your desktop:

- com.apple.iApps.plist

- com.apple.iPhoto.plist

Go back one screen by clicking the backward arrow and select the "Caches folder", or go back to "Go" hold down your option key on your keyboard, and select the library, the folder entitled "Caches"

There, look for the following files, and drag them out to your desktop:

- com.apple.iPhoto

- launch iPhoto and test it out

Mar 3, 2013 11:03 AM in response to justin___

Sounds like you may have a corrupt iPhoto Library.

Note - Apple does recommend you create a back up of your iPhoto Library, as a precautionary measure, before troubleshooting the iPhoto Library.

- quit iPhoto and all other open applications

- hold down your "option + command" keys on the keyboard, and keep them held down while launching iPhoto. This should launch iPhoto with a "first aid" screen over top of it. Do each of these first aid steps, one at a time, until you have completed all the steps.

iPhoto slideshow rotation malfunction?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.