Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Data recovery for crashed hard drive?

Ok, recently my macbook pro internal hard drive crashed (I was receiving the question mark on folder at bootup). I have recently purchased a new hard drive and replaced it with the corrupt one. I tried to gain access to the data using an external caddy, however the hard drive did not appear in finder and I could not mount it in utilities.

Is there any possible way I can recover my files, preferably not through some company which wants thousands of $$$.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Mar 1, 2013 5:19 PM

4 replies

Mar 1, 2013 10:48 PM in response to Bj226

I've used Data Rescue 3, but only on 'healthy' drives with trashed files and had good results. However, you may want to purchase DiskWarrior - it's not really your 'last resort' as you can always contract with a data recovery service, but you may be able to DIY with DiskWarrior (I've never used it and so can't personally endorse it).

Good luck,

Clinton

Jul 22, 2013 9:38 PM in response to Bj226

hi friend,

No need to worry. There are many cases due to which hard drive crashes and not works. Don't worry! The data is not lost forever; it is only invisible from your computer. You might be thinking that the disk will overwrite the space of the deleted data with some other data. Running a wrong data recovery software application might corrupt your data and there are chances of losing them forever. By using a good hard drive recovery tool you can recover all your lost data from corrupted hard drive, crashed hard drives.You can easily download the free trial version of the software.

Data recovery for crashed hard drive?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.