Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV issues

I was supposed to have a relaxing evening to myself. Kids and wife are at a musical. Decided to watch Looper on Apple TV. 1.5 hours later I still haven't watched the movie. Apple TV gave same error repeatedly, "Unable to connect to server at this time". I can stream trailers, I can stream from iTunes on iMac in the house but I could not rent the movie. I then switched to iTunes on my iMac and started downloading the rental hoping I could stream it from the iMac to my Apple TV. The download said it would take 24 minutes but an hour later I was still waiting. I tried logging out of the Apple TV but now I can't log back in. Apple TV support was useless. They told me to send an email. I'm not sure what good that will do me since it's 9:30 PM and I still haven't heard back from them. I'm not going to sit and watch a 2 hour movie in front of a 21" iMac.

AppleTV 2, iOS 6.1.2

Posted on Mar 1, 2013 6:37 PM

2 replies

Mar 1, 2013 8:30 PM in response to Khurt Williams

See if you can download it to your MacBook Pro through iTunes. Then use Airplay with your MBP connected to Apple TV. That's what do when I get frustrated with download times. Don't ask me why, but iTunes on my computer is always faster than Apple TV. This has been like this since the day the very first one arrived. I just have doznes of workarounds.

Apple TV issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.