Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My 5 year old son is down loading chargeable apps or app items which we didn't agree to costing us hundreds of pounds

Hi

My 5 year old son is costing us hundreds of pound when playing a free app he is playing it but have to buy coins or barrels which he doesn't know are chargeable

Can u advise

Game is called Geomon

This is a scam to have a free app for a child that ask them for money to play after a certain period

Please advise

Mark

iPad 2, iOS 6.1.2

Posted on Mar 2, 2013 2:22 AM

3 replies

Mar 2, 2013 2:39 AM in response to Markboorman

You can try contacting iTunes support via this page and see if you can get a refund : http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/contact/ - click on Contact iTunes Store Support on the right-hand side of the page, then Purchases, Billing & Redemption

To try and stop it happening again you can turn off in-app purchases on your iPad via Settings > General > Restrictions > In-App Purchases 'off', and also on the Restrictions screen you can set Require Password to 'Immediately' (there is a default 15 minute period during which it doesn't need re-entering).

My 5 year old son is down loading chargeable apps or app items which we didn't agree to costing us hundreds of pounds

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.