Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I enter into Terminal.app the command line required to renew the certificate, I get back the reply: sudo: /usr/sbin/certadmin: command not found

I followed precisely the directiohs in the support document "

HT5358: Lion Server: Renewing Profile Manager's code signing certificate". When I enter into Terminal.app the command line required to renew the certificate, I get back the reply: "sudo: /usr/sbin/certadmin: command not found"

Mac mini, OS X Server

Posted on Mar 2, 2013 2:59 AM

21 replies

Mar 7, 2013 5:38 AM in response to morelandfromsteedman

Hi,

First of all, are you absolutely sure you've typed the exact correct command? Please paste the command here.

Have you checked whether you've got a certadmin, just to be sure:

Use the terminal to validate whether a man page exists: man certadmin, that should give a man page about certadmin

Navigate to the /usr/sbin/ folder and check if there is a entry for certadmin in place.

Goodluck

Jeffrey

Mar 7, 2013 5:56 AM in response to morelandfromsteedman

I found the solution. The certadmin has been moved by mountain lion. Here is the entry that needs to be placed in terminal.app:

sudo /Applications/Server.app/Contents/ServerRoot/usr/sbin/certadmin --recreate-CA-signed-certificate "myserver.mydomain.com Code Signing Certificate" "IntermediateCA_MYSERVER.MYDOMAIN.COM_1" 192173c1c

Jan 27, 2014 6:33 PM in response to morelandfromsteedman

FYI default Server PATH should include /Applications/Server.app/Contents/ServerRoot/usr/bin and /Applications/Server.app/Contents/ServerRoot/usr/sbin.

So no need to enter full path. Just enter "sudo certadmin --recreate...." to run the certificate admin command.

If you still get an error then enter full path "/Applications/Server.app/Contents/ServerRoot/usr/sbin/certadmin" as above.

To check your path variable type "echo $PATH" in Terminal.

Following the steps in HT5358 were successful on 10.8.5 Server.

Feb 7, 2014 2:27 AM in response to Sclaude

It's not working for me, it keeps telling me certificate not found. I used these commands;

sudo /Applications/Server.app/Contents/ServerRoot/usr/sbin/certadmin --recreate-CA-signed-certificate "server.mydomain.nl-codeondertekeningscertificaat" "IntermediateCA_SERVER.MYDOMAIN.NL_1" b84a11b8

Where "server.mydomain.nl-codeondertekeningscertificaat" is the normal namen and "IntermediateCA_SERVER.MYDOMAIN.NL_1" is the other one. Just copied and pasted it. So can't be wrong i guess...? Serial i copied in the calculater, on 10 digits and than switched to 16 digits to convert to hexadecimal and removed the 0X

Anyone an idear where it is going wrong?

Feb 12, 2014 10:46 AM in response to leendertstruik

Hoi Jeffrey,

Helaas heeft dit niet de oplossing gebracht. In de sleutelhanger blijft de naam ook gewoon in het NL staan en wordt dus niet aangepast aan de systeemtaal. De eerste keer gaf hij dezelfde melding, dat hij het cert. niet kon vinden. Vervolgens krijg ik nu steeds:

Usage: certadmin

--get-private-key-passphrase [path]

Retrieve the passphrase for the private key at [path] from the keychain

--default-certificate-path

Retrieve the full path for the default certificate

--default-certificate-authority-chain-path

Retrieve the full path for the default certificate authority chain

--default-private-key-path

Retrieve the full path for the default private key

--default-concatenation-path

Retrieve the full path for the default certificate + private key concatenation

--create-default-self-signed-identity

Creates a default self signed identity (certificate + private key) using the hostname

--recreate-self-signed-certificate subject serial_number

Recreate an existing self signed certificate

--recreate-CA-signed-certificate subject issuer serial_number

Recreate an existing certificate signed by an OpenDirectory CA

Dus de uitleg hoe ik het moet doen. Ik kom helaas geen stap verder op deze manier. Nog andere suggesties? Ik vind het wel belachelijk hoe dit werkt, of beter gezegd niet werkt. Waarom zo ingewikkeld allemaal. Hoop dat je me verder kan helpen want zit een beetje met mijn handen in het haar.

Feb 15, 2014 9:01 AM in response to leendertstruik

Hi Leendert,

Zag wel dat het certificaat als vertrouwd ingesteld staat. Dus is het certificaat niet afgeleid van een extern vertrouwd SSL certificaat? Dat kan wellicht nog een verschil maken, dat de ServerOS hercertificering om een externe validatie vraagt. Wat voor diensten hangen aan ProfileManager of welke macs worden hierdoor beheerd? De validatie verloopt toch, wellicht beter om ze opnieuw te koppelen met externe validatie?

Dan maar... als Apple het niet wil, dan moeten wij het maar doen!

Feb 17, 2014 12:17 AM in response to jepping

Hey Jepping,

Ja kloipt inderdaad. Het is inderdaad geen extern vertrouwd ssl certificaat. Profielmanager verzorgt de kalander, de contacten, sus, jabber op een aantal iPhones en een stuk of 10 macs. (sus uiteraard niet voor iPhones ;0) Heb vrijdag Apple gebeld en werd doorverbonden naar Amerika en daar konden ze me alleen tegen betaling helpen, zit maar 3 maanden telefonisch support bij, wel lekker handig als een certificaat na een jaar verloopt! Wel een mailtje gekregen met links erin hoe het eventueel op te lossen maar ook dat leidde niet tot een oplossing heleas. En ja jouw tip zou weleens het antwoord kunnen zijn maar heb ik niet zoveel zin om geld te stoppen in dit process, dus een certificaat te kopen/extern te valideren. Moet toch gewoon anders kunnen.... ? In ieder geval bedankt voor het meedenken.

When I enter into Terminal.app the command line required to renew the certificate, I get back the reply: sudo: /usr/sbin/certadmin: command not found

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.