Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The Mac Mouse Lag (It's the little things)

Has anyone found out how to fix the "lagging mouse" issue on their Mac? Apparently this has been an issue for years. If you're doing trivial things like browsing the web or checking email, you may not notice. But if you're doing more intricate things like programming or graphic designing, that's when it becomes extremely annoying. It really pains me to say this but after spending a few hours on my mac, when I want to get work done, it's refreshing to go back to windows because the mouse is more accurate. Why Apple continues to neglect this is beyond me (guess they're to busy designing the iWatch).

To quote another user "Having a not properly responding mouse drives me nuts! Its like trying to write with a pen while someone pushes my shoulders."

The link below documents the issue...noticed that it was written in 2011.

The cause for all your Mac OS X mouse annoyances

If anyone has any solutions please post.

Thanks in advance

iMac Intel, Mac OS X (10.6)

Posted on Mar 2, 2013 9:14 AM

2 replies

Mar 2, 2013 9:49 AM in response to Macster77

I've been doing more googling on this issue. It appears this problems has been around longer than I thought. That is scary. Apple's inaction is basically saying that they are not going to fix this.

Here's another post written in 2006 documenting the problem. It was posted by a graphic designer describing how his company switch to Macs only to find out how inaccurate the mouse was.

Mouse Accuracy Problem - The macosxhints Forums

The Mac Mouse Lag (It's the little things)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.