Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod touch 3rd gen slow after new iOS 5.1.1 software download

I was just going thru my iPod touch and in settings clicked on software updates and after my iPod downloaded the new iOS 5.1.1 my iPod is now extreemly slow when looking at photos in eBay listings and just using in general.Before that it had always been instantaneous.it also seems to loose battery power much faster.Has any one else had these problems?

iPod touch (3rd generation), iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Mar 2, 2013 9:02 AM

6 replies

Mar 2, 2013 3:22 PM in response to jdz iPod

I went and downloaded the latest version of iTunes and done a complete restore of my iPod and I still have the same problem.i don't have any apps running in the background and my iPod is terrible.Even typing this I have to wait after touching a letter for a couple seconds foitabs letter to appear.And don't even think about looking thru eBay listings.It worked fast and flawlessly for 3yrs until I downloaded the new OIS 5.1.1,I don't know why apple can't fix this if there such geniuses.If they can't fix this I will never buy anything apple again.I want to throw this out in the street and run it over as poor as it works now.It's no good to me now.Thanks Apple

Mar 2, 2013 5:25 PM in response to JimHdk

How can you install it wrong when all you do is tap on the software update button once and everything else is automatically delivered by apple,and if apple messed up that day how do I correct that without losing everything? I'm afraid if I clear the entire iPod I will lose everything and it will still be the same as it is now.I have read enough today to know I'm just one of many that has this problem.I was told by apple on the phone today that I was the first person that had called with this problem.Thats hard for me to believe after reading all the posts here with this same issue.Doesn't someone from apple even read these posts?

Aug 12, 2013 1:36 PM in response to rasmus2957

Try:

- Reset the iOS device. Nothing will be lost

Reset iOS device: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at

least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

- Reset all settings

Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset All Settings.

All your preferences and settings are reset. Information (such as contacts and calendars) and media (such as songs and videos) aren’t affected.

- Restore from backup. See:

iOS: How to back up

- Restore to factory settings/new iOS device.

If still problem, make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store since it appears you have a hardware problem.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

iPod touch 3rd gen slow after new iOS 5.1.1 software download

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.