Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I burn a multi DVD movie in iDVD?

How do I burn a multi DVD movie in iDVD? It seems the maximum movie length is just one DVD. Is this true?

iDVD '08, Mac OS X (10.6)

Posted on Mar 2, 2013 9:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 2, 2013 10:22 AM

Hi

YES

So You need to partitioning the movie first to

< 59 minutes - or -

< 119 minutes - or -

< 235 minutes (Double Layer DVDs)

IF YOU USE a very very simple - no animation - no audio MENU e.g. from old themes as "Brushed Metal"

Menus - takes up space = less left for movie. And this can be 15 minutes or even more !

1. iDVD 08, 09 & 11 has three levels of qualities. (version 7.0.1, 7,0.4 & 7.1.1) and iDVD 6 has the two last ones

• Professional Quality

(movies + menus up to 120 min.) - BEST (but not always for short movies e.g. up to 45 minutes in total)

• Best Performances

(movies + menus less than 60 min.) - High quality on final DVD (Can be best for short movies)

• High Quality (in iDVD08 or 09) / Best Quality (in iDVD6)

(movies + menus up to 120 min.) - slightly lower quality than above

Menu can take 15 minutes or even more - I use a very simple one with no audio or animation like ”Brushed Metal” in old Themes.

About double on DL DVDs.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

To split a movie over several DVDs - You need another tool than iDVD to do this. As I remembers it Roxio Toast™ has this function. Go to their Internet site and READ.

Yours Bengt W

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 2, 2013 10:22 AM in response to manwilrc

Hi

YES

So You need to partitioning the movie first to

< 59 minutes - or -

< 119 minutes - or -

< 235 minutes (Double Layer DVDs)

IF YOU USE a very very simple - no animation - no audio MENU e.g. from old themes as "Brushed Metal"

Menus - takes up space = less left for movie. And this can be 15 minutes or even more !

1. iDVD 08, 09 & 11 has three levels of qualities. (version 7.0.1, 7,0.4 & 7.1.1) and iDVD 6 has the two last ones

• Professional Quality

(movies + menus up to 120 min.) - BEST (but not always for short movies e.g. up to 45 minutes in total)

• Best Performances

(movies + menus less than 60 min.) - High quality on final DVD (Can be best for short movies)

• High Quality (in iDVD08 or 09) / Best Quality (in iDVD6)

(movies + menus up to 120 min.) - slightly lower quality than above

Menu can take 15 minutes or even more - I use a very simple one with no audio or animation like ”Brushed Metal” in old Themes.

About double on DL DVDs.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

To split a movie over several DVDs - You need another tool than iDVD to do this. As I remembers it Roxio Toast™ has this function. Go to their Internet site and READ.

Yours Bengt W

Mar 2, 2013 11:20 AM in response to Bengt Wärleby

Thanks. I think Apple has really missed the target wth their video editing capability. It was breeze on my old Windows 7 latop. I've been trying to make the full commitment to my new MacBook but I think my next computer will be Windows 8 and I will stay on my WIndow 7 computer for video editing. My view of Apple at the moment is that it is a lot of hype and not much depth.

I do appreciate the time you took to reply. Very gracious of you. Thank you.

Ron

How do I burn a multi DVD movie in iDVD?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.