Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does email for charter.net accounts not work?

Tried to send mail after checking several times the settings; AppleCare believes it is charter's server. Is there a fundamental conflict here?

mizzou

iMac intel, 20", Mac OS X (10.5.6), Lan, multiple platforms, MacBook, white

Posted on Mar 2, 2013 11:36 AM

5 replies

Mar 2, 2013 11:44 AM in response to mizzou

Your question is so general it's impossible to answer, are you using OS X's Mail tool or some other e-mail client???? Without that basic information it's impossible to help you. When posting you need to paint a clear picture for us so we can help you, we aren't mind readers!

For example, you could write something such as.

"Currently I am running OS X 10.7.5 on my 2009 21.5" iMac. I use Mail and cannot send or receive e-mail from my Charter.net account. Can you help me trouble shoot the issue?"

Mar 2, 2013 2:25 PM in response to rkaufmann87

Thanks for the reply, 2011 iMac 20.5 ", Mt. Lion, can't send email on Charter.net but can receive. AppleCare thinks it is a conflict of Charter.net and Apple Mail. I can see by some of the postings here that I/we am not alone. Many are having this problem with Charter. Any ideas will be explored.

We have gone to mobile me, gmail, hotmail, etc., instead of using Charter.net. Think we have been classified as "spam" senders by Charter even though we do a lot of not-for-profit emails and make no money from them. Charity organizations are what we work with. Suspect Charter wants us to move to that higher level of usage classification. They have blocked emails on occasion, even if denied by phone contact with them.

Local Apple computer technicians we have had contact with also do not use Charter.net because of conflicts with Charter's servers. These do not send goodly numbers of email as my wife and I do--50 or so at a time. Charter keeps saying it is an error in the email settings, but have had AppleCare walk me through the settings several times and doubt this very much.

Anyone resolved this without moving to a higher level of email usage for a higher charge? We may have to move to a higher usage because we are paying a fee for email but can not use it--at least we could use it then.

Thanks again--any ideas given will be explored,

mizzou

Apr 12, 2016 9:39 AM in response to priapismo

When I first got my iMac two months ago I could not connect to the charter servers at all with Apple mail, it took a while to resolve with Apple Care help.

When I originally setup my iTunes and iCloud account 4 years ago for my iPad I used my charter.net email and this was confusing Apple Mail, the solution was to sign out of iCloud completely and then create a new email account in Apple Mail. After doing that I signed back into iCloud and everything has worked fine since.

My problem was different from yours so I don't know whether this will help you or not, but it may help someone who reads it.

Why does email for charter.net accounts not work?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.