Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes error -42110

I just opened iTunes as usual, but this time i got an error showing up. It says "An unknown error (-42110) occurred". I uninstalled iTunes and reintalled twice, but it did not work. I remember that I removed Apple Bonjour by accidently cause I thought it was unnecessary software. Seems like I shouldn't do that! I can still use iTunes without any problems, but it's such irritating. Please help.

iTunes-OTHER, Windows 7, iTunes 11.0.2

Posted on Mar 2, 2013 1:08 PM

5 replies

Mar 2, 2013 1:36 PM in response to PineApple10

🙂 You're welcome!

Just wondering.. do I have to delete that folder every time I install iTunes from now on?

No, I think it's just a one-off thing. (I haven't seen people reporting here that they have to keep doing it time after time.)

EDIT: sorry, misread your post. I thought you'd asked if you needed to delete the file every time you launched itunes. The launch 42110s seem to be a new bug with the 11.0.2.x versions, and fingers crossed it'll be addressed with a bug-fix in later versions.

Message was edited by: b noir

iTunes error -42110

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.