Skip navigation

photostream stopped working

197 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Mar 3, 2013 11:54 AM by azartguy RSS
azartguy Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Mar 2, 2013 1:45 PM

Photostream has simply shut down.

Everything is enabled on both the iMac and iPad.

iCloud is set up correctly, the cloud sync iMac>iPad is working for everything except Photostream.

I load folders into iPhoto (11, v.9.4.2) , they show up, everything else is working fine... but photostream has no photos in either the desktop or the iPad.

Any suggestions?

Brian

iPad 2, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)
  • Old Toad Level 10 Level 10 (113,235 points)
    Mar 2, 2013 3:51 PM (in response to azartguy)

Log out of iCloud in the System/iCloud preference pane and disable Photo Stream in iPhoto's Photo Share preference pane.  Then log back in and re-enable, respectively. That should jump start Photo Stream.

OT

• Old Toad Level 10 Level 10 (113,235 points)
    Mar 2, 2013 4:34 PM (in response to azartguy)

On the iPad to to the Camera Roll (that's what it's called on the iPhone) select the photo you want in the Photo Stream in the Camera Roll and and click on the lower left icon

Highlight001.jpg

and then click on the Photo Stream button in the next window:

Highlight002.jpg

That will manually put the photos in the PS and get them into your iPhoto library.  But be sure to set iPhoto's PS preferences to this:

iP11photostreampref.PNG

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.