Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

lost iphoto in updating from leopard to snow leopard

Prior to having my MacBook upgraded from Leopard to Snow leopard I backed up my old system uisng Time Machine onto an external hard drive, My Passport for Mac. My iphoto ap is gone, and I don't know how to restore the data from the drive that I need. I have gone to Time Machine, frequently asked questions and have made copies of how to restore, but my main isssue, can I restore iPhoto this way or just the library???

Preferences

§

-

=

Backspace

Tab

q

w

e

r

t

y

u

i

o

p

[

]

Return

capslock

a

s

d

f

g

h

j

k

l

;

'

\

shift

`

z

x

c

v

b

n

m

/

shift

English

alt

alt

Preferences

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Mar 2, 2013 2:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 2, 2013 4:47 PM

You can custom install iPhoto directly from the disc that came with your computer originally. Follow the on screen instructions. Iphoto will either be in the Bundled Software or Applications folder.

User uploaded file

4 replies

Mar 4, 2013 6:25 PM in response to CMCSK

Thank you for responding. I did manage to restore my iphoto ap from Time machine, but am not able to find my old photos, in spite of trying to follow specific Time Machine instructions. I am about ready to put out another plea for help. I will try the original disk in the future, I have tried in the past but I can never seem to get it unblundled to do somenthing specific. Thank you again!

Preferences

§

-

=

Backspace

Tab

q

w

e

r

t

y

u

i

o

p

[

]

Return

capslock

a

s

d

f

g

h

j

k

l

;

'

\

shift

`

z

x

c

v

b

n

m

/

shift

English

alt

alt

Preferences

Mar 4, 2013 6:51 PM in response to imsostupid

Your pictures are stored in iPhoto's Library in your Pictures folder.

So if you can restore that (but export your present photo's first or the old iPhoto file will delete the newer one) then you should be fine, then import your newer photo's again.

If you access older iPhoto Library, if you right click and "Show Package Contents" inside is a folder called Originals, duplicate that and import into the new iPhoto works too.

lost iphoto in updating from leopard to snow leopard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.