Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my Ipod mini first gen. 4 GB flashes the apple logo then the folder with exclamation mark. I've tried to update in Windows xp but "the ipod software updater cannot be contacted" I have uninstalled/reinstalled itunes. Hpowever on both Mac 10.5.8 and Windo

My Ipod mini first gen. 4 GB flashes the apple logo then the folder with exclamation mark. I've tried to update it in Windows xp but "the ipod software updater cannot be contacted" I have uninstalled/reinstalled itunes with no luck. H. When it's connected to a PC it shows the fowever on both Mac 10.5.8 and Windows xp it shows up as an external drive. When conncected to a PC/Mac it shows the 'do not disconnect" and flashing circle with line through it icon. I can also see the battery indicating that it's beinbg charged. I've followed all thr steps indicated at apple.com/support/ipod to no avail. I've also been on phone with an apple support person who ried to help me get iPod software updater to respond, without success. One thing more, when it's connected to a PC and I can see it in iTunes, a message says it's in recovery mode. Any more suggestions?

Thanks

Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Mar 2, 2013 5:11 PM

There are no replies.

my Ipod mini first gen. 4 GB flashes the apple logo then the folder with exclamation mark. I've tried to update in Windows xp but "the ipod software updater cannot be contacted" I have uninstalled/reinstalled itunes. Hpowever on both Mac 10.5.8 and Windo

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.