Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook early 2011 battery life

I have a Macbook Pro early 2011

And over the last 2 months my battery life has crapped itself. I used to get a good 3-4 hours with it just surfing the web and listening to music but now I can't even get an hour with it at the moment. No idea whats up?

I have lost 10% of my battery just spending 5 minutes looking through forums looking for an answer?

Thanks!

-

Tim

MacBook Pro (15-inch Early 2011), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Mar 2, 2013 7:08 PM

2 replies

Mar 2, 2013 7:14 PM in response to timjohnblake

Some people had battery issues when upgrading to Mountain Lion - but I've not heard anything lately so I just assumed that it had been fixed with updates.

I've a late 2011 15" and my battery life has not suffered - I still get between 6.5+ hours when I run on battery.

If I were you, even if you're no longer under warranty, I would take the machine to your local Apple Store or an AASP and have them run diagnostics on the power system. You may have a defective battery - which I think they may replace gratis (not sure about this one) or they may simply tell you that the battery is a consumable and that you'll have to pay for a new one.

But I would take it in and have it tested and get an estimate, at least.

Clinton

Macbook early 2011 battery life

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.