Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Serious need for some rethinking?

I've got the shuffle problem and anyone with an ipd shuffle and has updated their itunes may no exactly what I mean.

iTunes has no idea that I have plugged the shuffle in and there is no way (I know of) to find the shuffle on my computer. Not so simple is it to just "make sure it's plugged in correctly if the shuffle is charging perfectly fine and the music from the device has no problems.

THe current update only mentions

• Completely Redesigned. iTunes makes it more fun to explore and enjoy your music, movies, and TV shows. You'll love the beautiful edge-to-edge design, custom designs for each album, movie, or TV show in your library, and getting personal recommendations any time you click In the Store.
  • A New Store. The iTunes Store has been completely redesigned and now features a clean look that makes it simpler than ever to see what's hot and discover new favorites.
  • Play purchases from iCloud. Your music, movie, and TV show purchases in iCloud now appear inside your library. Just sign-in with your Apple ID to see them. Double-click to play them directly from iCloud or download a copy you can sync to a device or play while offline.
  • Up Next. It's now simple to see which songs are playing next, all from a single place. Just click the Up Next icon in the center display and they'll instantly appear. You can even reorder, add, or skip songs whenever you like.
  • New MiniPlayer. You can now do a whole lot more with a lot less space. In addition to showing what's playing, MiniPlayer now includes album art, adds Up Next, and makes it easy to search for something new to play—all from a smaller and more elegant design.
  • Improved search. It's never been easier to find what you're looking for in iTunes. Just type in the search field and you'll instantly see results from across your entire library. Select any result and iTunes takes you right to it.
  • Playback syncing. iCloud now remembers your place in a movie or TV show for you. Whenever you play the same movie or episode from your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Apple TV, it will continue right where you left off.

absolutly disregards a problem for the consumer or maybe this is a way apple is trying to force their customers to buy newer items

I'm looking for a solution not a "did you plug it in nonsense" because yes the cord is perfect and yes the device is perfect the problem is the software.

and I'm not sure what gen I have so sorry

I don't even think the computer notices the device either

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Mar 2, 2013 7:09 PM

2 replies

Mar 4, 2013 3:45 AM in response to stevejobsfan0123

I've updated my itunes to the latest version there is a totally different side bar now and if you really looked it up there will be a lot of dicussions on these forums about the itunes not recognising that you have plugged in a 4th gen ipod shuffle because of the new update

my problem is that problem and no one has a solution because people say there are problems with the cord and the shuffle is not linked correctly which is not the problem.

I am not able to change anything on my ipod shuffle because it doesn't show up anywhere on my computer

Serious need for some rethinking?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.