Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HDCP output support?

I trying to watch a HD movie from vudu.com and says that both output and display must support HDCP? also see: http://www.vudu.com/support.html?supportPage=answers/detail/a_id/34 says that most mac's do not support HDCP....

I cannot belive apple has this issue??

I know my display is HDPC, I can play a BD no other HD isues... is it Safari? humm

Anyone have same issue..

I have OSX 10.8.2 on Mac Mini late 2012 i7 Intel HD4000

Thanks !

Mac mini, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Mar 2, 2013 9:52 PM

1 reply

Mar 3, 2013 10:42 AM in response to appleab

Can I watch HD/HDX on Apple laptops and desktops?

Yes, we support most Apple laptops and desktops to watch HD/HDX via a browser. However, most Apple laptops and desktops (Mac Mini and Mac Pro) do not support HDCP outputs to external monitors. If you're using a Macbook Pro or Macbook Air, you can watch HD and HDX using the laptop display. Otherwise, you will be limited to SD playback.

How strange, I wonder if they're not supporting external monitors on Macs for a stranger reason, since years before that page was posted on 03/29/2012 02:11 PM...

Mar 31, 2009 5:40 pm UTC

If you've been waiting for a way to connect your Mini DisplayPort-equipped Mac to an HDTV via HDMI, Monoprice has got you covered. The company has begun taking orders for its $14 Mini Display Port to HDMI Adapter, which are expected to begin shipping this Friday.

The adapter is most significant in that it finally allows protected HD content, like that available from the iTunes Store, to be displayed on an HDTV. DisplayPort, mini or otherwise, supports the HDCP encryption scheme designed to "prevent pirating" of HD content. Unfortunately for users of new Macs, most monitors don't support the standard—but luckily HDTVs do. Gizmodo got a unit to test and they say it works as advertised.

http://arstechnica.com/apple/2009/03/mini-displayport-to-hdmi-adapter-available- hdcp-compliant/

HDCP output support?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.