Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2007 13" macbook shuts down for no reason then wont start until waiting 20minutes

I have an early 2007 Macbook and it randomly will shut down and after 15-20 minutes it will boot up.

It will never reboot successfully, after a wait of 15-20 minutes sometimes it will boot up, somtimes I

have to wait overnight for it to boot up.

The power adapter does charge the battery, The battery does boot the laptop but with the same random shut downs as

it does when using the power cord.

The times when it does boot up everything works fine. Sometimes it will stay on overnight, sometimes not.

MacBook

Posted on Mar 2, 2013 9:32 PM

6 replies

Mar 3, 2013 2:36 PM in response to dumaguete

I've owned a MacBook since 2007 and have never seen the camera light flicker, but that doesn't meant doesn't. You can try resetting the SMC

Shut down the computer.

Disconnect the MagSafe power adapter from the computer, if it's connected.

Remove the battery.

Press and hold the power button for 5 seconds.

Release the power button.

Reconnect the battery and MagSafe power adapter.

Press the power button to turn on the computer.

It's sounding more and more to me thatyou're got a hardware failure, but I wouldn't want to just guess what it is. The computer may need to be taken in to determine exactly what it is.

2007 13" macbook shuts down for no reason then wont start until waiting 20minutes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.