Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Importing footage from Sony HDR-HC3E doesn't work

I tried the new Sony HD camcorder HDR-HC3E with my PB G4 (1,67-1,5 with 10.4.6 and iLife 06). The camera is recognized, but the footage is imported as one clip instead of the several takes I took for this experiment. My PB works fine in this respect with other camcorders (the setting for scene recognition is on). One retailer is telling me that the Sony model works OK with a PC/Pinnacle combination. Can anybody tell me if I have to wait for another small HD camcorder and confirm that the Sony is not compatible. Sony (NL) has no clue, in fact they cannot test this, because all models are at selected dealers/shops. Thanks a lot.

PB G4 (1,67-1,5), Mac OS X (10.4.6)

Posted on May 18, 2006 4:01 AM

7 replies

Jul 18, 2006 3:52 AM in response to Lennart Thelander

Did you set the date/time in the camera before start
shooting? If not, that is most likely the problem.

Beste videomaker, via Apple Care, dat het antwoord niet kan geven kom ik op deze site terecht. Ook ik heb aansluitproblemen met mijn HDR-HC3E. iMovie 5 HD noch FinalCutExpresHD herkennen de camera. Ik werk met een G5-1.6Mhz 1Gb-memory, dus daaraan zal het niet liggen; ook niet aan de datum instelling. iMovie toont nieteens de instelling HDV 1080 in zwart, dus dat kan ik niet kiezen. Bij jou wekt het inmiddels wel maak ik op uit de site. Suggesties?
bob jansen

Importing footage from Sony HDR-HC3E doesn't work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.