Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I trash exec preferences?

I have a bunch of exec preferences in preferences in my library. Could they be causing problems? Can I trash them? Like this one <com.apple.iMovieApp.plist.lockfile> ? I am having major problems with iMovie, might getting rid of those help?

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Mar 2, 2013 11:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 2, 2013 11:58 PM

If you are having problems with iMovie, it's recommended to delete those files, and if you find that file without .lockfile, delete it, too. Doing this, you will delete the iMovie settings file, so the app will create a new settings file

3 replies

Mar 7, 2013 6:07 PM in response to mende1

I trashed a bunch of exec preferences, plus any that had to do with iMovie or ilife. It works long enough for me to rearrange some projects into folders but after making 3 moves, at the most, it's frozen again and I have to restart. I am thankful that this enabled me to orgainize my projects but my problem are far from over. Thanks

Can I trash exec preferences?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.