Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Yahoo Mail account "Username or password for apple.imap.mail.yahoo.com" is incorrect

I used the same username (email address) and password under Yahoo Mail website, it works w/o problem.

But the username and password did not work on my iphone 5 and Mac Air Outlook or iMail when set up Yahoo a/c.

It was strange as the same username and password worked on Thur or before i.e. 28 Feb. But it did not suddenly on 1 Mar.

Any solution can be provided?

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.2

Posted on Mar 3, 2013 2:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2013 3:19 AM

sometimes there is an issue where one place one have to only type in what comes before @ and it automaticly addeds @yahoo.com and if you type the full it adds an extra @yahoo.com so it ends up with

calm2013@yahoo.com@yahoo.com

2 replies

Sep 2, 2015 4:24 AM in response to clam2013

I had this problem for days and kept researching and finally found my solution. It was Rudegar's comment that got me thinking.

So I have a ymail account. It is a Yahoo email address but instead of yahoo.com, it is ymail.com. So for the last 5 years, I have been able to Add An Account by clicking Yahoo (Go to Mail, Accounts, Press + sign and choose Yahoo). So after numerous tries for days, after reading Rudegar from above, I thought that maybe I need to NOT click Yahoo but click "Add Other Account" and it worked!

Hope this helps others. It can all be so frustrating!

Yahoo Mail account "Username or password for apple.imap.mail.yahoo.com" is incorrect

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.