Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The most recent update has been in "Preparing update" for nearly 2 hours now. How long does it normally take?

I installed the latest update when prompted this evening on my 3rd gen (I believe, purchased the christmas that just went), and so far it's been overing on:

"Step 1 of 2: Preparing update"

for nearly 2 hours. The progress bar is moving.. just very slowly. it's a tiny bit past halfway. Is it safe to assume it's going to take another 2 hours? What's it doing?

Apple's CDN ***** in Australia, I don't think I've ever seen a download faster than about 100k, but even then I can't imagine the firmware for this thing is that big. Thoughts?

Posted on Mar 3, 2013 7:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2013 7:20 AM

If it's still progressing, you should leave it. (This has occured to a small number of people, it isn't likely to be related to your location)

1 reply

The most recent update has been in "Preparing update" for nearly 2 hours now. How long does it normally take?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.