Anything in the Not Added folder has been rejected. iTunes will ignore anything it has put in there. It is used for non-media files in the folders that were dropped into Automatically Add to iTunes, and any media files that could not be successfully processed. E.g. mp3 files with corrupt header information (try mp3val) or protected wma.
- What format do the files appear to be in?
- Have you moved them into Automatically Add to ITunes to see if they will be absorbed into the library?
- Have you tried repairing if mp3?
- What error messages do you get if you try to re-rip the original CD?
- Is it a music CD or a data CD?
- Do you have a backup of your library from before the upgrade?
- Have you checked the location where the files ought to be in case they are in fact still there?
- If you don't have a backup are they still on your device?
I thought they were WMA, but I checked and the properties thing just said Audio CD format
Yeah, I've moved them to that folder a few times, this is the first time they've showen up in the not added folder, but they have yet to show up in my itunes
Repairing an mp3?--they're not broken, itunes is just being stubborn, they play perfectly fine using windows media player
I don't get an error message when I try to rip, itunes just stops trying.
It's a music CD
Yeah, and they're in there.
Yeah, I've checked all over itunes for it, and it's in a few places in my computer from where Ive tried to add the files to itunes
The files went bye bye when I synced my ipod.