Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

powerpc error when installing on intel mac, powerpc error when installing on intel mac

Trying to reinstall some software that used to work & no I receive the following error: “Spyder3Pro_Installer” because PowerPC applications are no longer supported. This happened on another application I was attempting to install as well.

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), hard drive newly replaced

Posted on Mar 3, 2013 6:57 PM

3 replies

Mar 3, 2013 7:09 PM in response to PhoArtgraphy

Thank you for the reply, but I was able to fix it. I'm sorry, I guess I didn't explain it well. The apps were not for a powerpc & the mac is an intel. For some reason the apps thought it was a ppc, so I'm not sure what happened. I had Mountain Lion installed & the apps were working fine until the crash. Just trying to put everything back & I get this error. There is another app that I get the same error on, but not sure if the fix will be that easy.

powerpc error when installing on intel mac, powerpc error when installing on intel mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.